A Letter from Currumbin Valley Coaches :
With all Queensland students heading back to you school as of Monday 25 May 2020, we are looking forward to our school run service being busy with our “valley kids”. Our community may have questions as a school community or parent enquiries as to what does the current climate and social distancing mean for our school run service? I refer to the attached document that has been distributed by the QLD Government Guideline for Passenger Transport May2020. In this document our area of relevance is outlined on the second page “School Services”. It reads:
Following the re-commencement of regular schooling, children attending school classes will be exempt from the requirements for social distancing.
While travelling to and from school on dedicated school transport services (which transport only school children), these services are not required to include any specific measures for social distancing.
I would like to re-enforce what Currumbin Valley Coaches are doing during this time to also ensure your children and our driving staff are as protected as can be :
- The first row behind the driver on the Coach is to remain empty (there are signs on these seats to indicate this). Please note : all students will still have access to a seatbelted seat on the bus.
- Hand Sanitizer is on the buses and the drivers are encouraging / offering this to the students as they get on the bus ( we also have signage on the bus to advise how to safely and effectively use the sanitizer How_To_HandRub_Poster)
- After the morning and afternoon school runs the coach is cleaned/sanitized – this includes all touchable services (rails, armrests, seatbelts and seats) , the AC Unit and the driver and entry areas.
- Only one driver is in the bus at a time and the same driver is operating the vehicle for the morning and afternoon school runs on the same day.
- Our staff have been encouraged to download the COVID-Safe App.
Should you or your parents have any questions please get in touch.
Currumbin Valley Coaches